Rimmel London Apocalips

I've had this product pretty much since the day it debuted but haven't got around to throwing my 2 pence in, so here it is. Rimmel says: It's the End of Colour as you know it! The intense rich colour of a lipstick, enhanced by a satin smooth shine. It's neither a lipstick nor a gloss... It's BIGGER than both! 
I was so excited to get this product as I'm always looking for lip colour that packs a punch and has staying power. I got it in number 400 'Big Bang', a sultry red perfect for nights out. Whilst I wasn't overly impressed with it, Apocalips has it's pro's and con's. The colour is definitely vibrant, even with with one coat, which is where a lot of lipsticks and glosses fall down. It definitely has staying power, in fact it's quite difficult to remove completely which can be a pain in the backside! I find it a little sticky at first, not exactly how a gloss is sticky, but certainly a stickiness. This also makes it prone to transferring so if you're planning on kissing anybody, the rest of the world will know! Bearing all this in mind, I would rate it a 6/10. It is a good compromise between lipstick and gloss, worth buying if you like colour like myself, but best to avoid if you're a lipstick die-hard who hates the stickiness of glosses.

                                                                                    




No comments:

Post a Comment